Monday, May 4, 2009
In this issue, everyone is as busy as beavers!
- Thor sits in a field pondering the fate of his hammer, which broke a little after he smashed his grandfather in the face with it;
- Balder agrees to relocate to Latveria, despite his reservations;
- Dr. Doom researches exotic foods on Wikipedia;
- Volstagg becomes hopelessly drunk, shares a moment of tender understanding with a goat, throws things around, and yells at his fellows for abandoning Thor ("codpiece sniffer" is not an accusation to be made lightly, but Volstagg was angry and ashamed and I understand why he felt like he had to go there);
- a beautiful lady of Asgard falls in love, quite plausibly, with a short order cook
and there was some other stuff about Loki's female form actually being the body of Thor's beloved Sif, and that she's going to die now that Loki is abandoning it. IDK, I didn't pay much attention to this, except to wonder how Thor failed to notice that his evil half-brother had been reincarnated in the body of his estranged lover. Thor: God of Thunder, not Keen Observation.